The Christmas season in Texarkana, Arkansas, is a magical time. While it’s been a difficult year and the holidays surely look different, our wonderful local restaurants and other businesses have worked hard to make sure this season is still festive, happy, and safe for you and your family. Whether you’re a Texarkana resident or a visitor, you won’t want to miss out on the full Christmas experience this year.
Start by visiting downtown Texarkana, where you can finish your Christmas shopping and see several of the shop windows decorated for the holidays. Mosey around the Entertainment District, a five-block area of downtown Texarkana, Arkansas, where guests age 21 and over can get drinks from a local bar or restaurant and walk around the district. While you’re downtown in the Entertainment District, you can spot many of the colorful murals around Texarkana, Arkansas, too, which make great backdrops for holiday photos. Tag us on Instagram when you share your photos, so we can see the holiday fun you’re having around Texarkana.
Of course, the holiday isn’t complete without a delicious feast. Many Texarkana, Arkansas, restaurants have adjusted to provide family-style holiday meals or dishes you can pick up to-go and take home to enjoy with your family. You don’t have to worry about spending all your time cooking this Christmas. Instead, you can spend more of your precious time with your loved ones while safely enjoying some of your favorite dishes from the local restaurants you love.
Here are a few of the local Texarkana restaurants with family-style holiday menu options:
- Big Jake’s BBQ is offering several types of Holiday Meats, including Spiral Cut Bone-in Ham, Whole Turkey Breast, St. Louis Style Pork Ribs, and Whole Beef Brisket. They’ll do the work so you don’t have to! Order here.
- Cattleman’s Steakhouse of Texarkana has smoked hams and turkeys you can order for Christmas. Give them a call at 870-774-4481 to order.
- Lagniappe Specialty Meats, LLC has a holiday menu including everything from deep fried turkey to mac & cheese and even seafood casseroles. You can call Lagniappe and place your order today at 870-779-0368.
- Mother Kelley’s Home Cooking will be open on December 23rd. They’ll be offering ham along with their regular menu that day. Call them at (870) 216-0302 for more information.
- Old Tyme Burger Shoppe has two size options of Chicken & Dressing pans that feed 8-10 or 15-18 people and pies available for purchase. Stop by or give them a call at 870-772-5775 to order.
- Sue N Carol’s Kitchen is offering several casseroles and dressing options that you can pickup to-go for your Thanksgiving meal. They’ll also have pies available for purchase. Call them at 870-774-0859 to place an order.
- TaMolly’s offers family packs of their tacos, enchiladas, and fajitas that you can pick up to-go. While tacos aren’t the traditional Thanksgiving dinner, they’re delicious and TaMolly’s wants to make the holidays easier for you and your loved ones.
- Three Chicks Feed, Seed, and Cafe is offering holiday meals, dishes, and desserts to-go. Call them at 870-571-7950 to order.
Christmas will be here before we know it, so call today and order your family-style meal or desserts from one of these wonderful local restaurants here in Texarkana, Arkansas. Remember to shop small and support local businesses this holiday season - they need it now more than ever. If you own or work at a restaurant in Texarkana, AR, and you’re offering holiday specials we didn’t mention, be sure to let us know. From all of us at the Texarkana, Arkansas, A&P Commission, have a very merry Christmas and stay safe!