Under the state of Arkansas’ Phase 1 guidelines, restaurants in Arkansas will be able to resume limited dine-in service on Monday, May 11. Restaurants and patrons will have to follow Phase 1 guidelines and directives, all of which can be found on the Arkansas Department of Health website. As we look forward to the gradual reopening of Texarkana, we want to inform the public about what this will look like and help prepare our community with information about how we can reopen safely.
- Dine-in service may resume May 11, 2020. Seating will be limited to up to 33% of total seating capacity. This includes indoor and outdoor dining areas.
- Seating will be adjusted to maintain 10-foot physical distancing between tables so occupied seats are six feet from seats at adjacent tables.
- Reservations should be encouraged when practical. If reservations are not made, physical distancing must be maintained when customers are waiting to be seated.
- All staff who come in contact with patrons must wear a face mask that completely covers their nose and mouth. Staff in the back are encouraged to wear a face mask.
- Gloves used during food preparation should be worn in accordance with the Rules Pertaining to Retail Food Establishments. Glove use by wait staff and others who do not directly contact food with their hands is optional.
- Patrons must wear a face covering upon entrance and while in the restaurant until the food or drink is served.
- See a full list of the Phase 1 directives
- In a May 5th press conference, Mayor Allen Brown said parks in Texarkana, Arkansas, with regard to playground equipment, basketball courts, and pavilions will remain closed.
- The use of walking trails and fishing at parks is allowed and the PetSafe JefFURson Dog Park remains open.
We continue to encourage Texarkana residents to follow Arkansas Department of Health guidelines. Stay home if you are sick, continue social distancing from others, cough into your arm, wear a mask if possible, and wash your hands often. These guidelines are for your protection as well as the protection of those around you.
Wondering if your favorite Texarkana, Arkansas, restaurant will be opening dine-in services? See our list of restaurant updates. As hours of operation and restaurant statuses are changing daily, we will continue to update our information but also advise customers to call restaurants to confirm they are open for business. If you're a Texarkana, Arkansas restaurant owner and your business DOES plan to start offering dine-in service on May 11, please let us know.